Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antipiracy Warning Trojan- all processes hijacked!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 akafreddy

akafreddy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

Hi there, hope someone can help me, I'm very much a spyware removal newbie and my laptop has been infected and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I'm running Vista on an Acer aspire 7520 laptop.

I've got the Copyright Violation Alert ransomware on my laptop and I cannot get rid of it. I've tried to follow the step by step guide on bleepingcomputer already but the virus has hijacked safe mode and safe mode & networking too. I can't open task manager in normal, safe or safe&network modes, my desktop's gone, and I have basically no way of getting rid of it at the moment. Every walkthrough guide I can find on this virus says to open task manager, or start in safe mode and run malwarebytes anti-malware, but as it is blocking these, what can I do? A technically-minded friend suggested a bootable scan from USB but I haven't a clue what that is? :thumbsup:

A month or so ago I visited a torrent site as a favour to a mate who's laptop had an internal hardware failure- I didn't actually download anything though as my harddrive was low on storage and all the downloads he was looking for were too big- he said it was perfectly safe but I think looking around the net at evidence for p2p being so dangerous perhaps he was wrong, and I'm guessing it might have got me that way, assuming by being on the site I was downloading something when I actually I never did. Reading the guide on this site that says however its fake did put me at ease because its a pretty scary message, looking very official.

I don't know if its relevant but I also got Security Tool a couple of weeks ago but managed to get rid of this with superantispyware (I think that's what it was called) by ending the process in task manager.

Would rKill stop it? I don't really understand what it does...and could that be booted if that's the answer?

Can anyone help, even if its just to block the virus enough to recover my files? I'll be eternally grateful!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users