Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG 10? - Help in removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pudn-UK

pudn-UK

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:57 AM

I have a client who I am going to see tomorrow who says that his internet machine (he has one machine in his office assigned for internet use) has been infected - usernames are changed, popups etc etc, but he also says he has something which reports as being AVG10. Althought Google'ing AVG10 provides loads of sites to download this from (including soft32.com) the official AVG site still only has version 9. So I can only assume that this is malicious software.

Over the weekend his son has run Malwarebytes Antimalware which apparently took ages - I assume they did a full scan. But after doing that they are still infected.

I am due to go look at the machine tomorrow. Any guidance would be appreciated. I have cleaned up many infections of this type of thing in the past but have yet to come across something masquerading as AVG10. Anything special which needs to be done?

TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users