Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DeskJet F4435 on TrendNet TE100-P1U URGENT!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 benfog

benfog

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

Hi, lovely community ya'll seem to have here. Finally signed up after you solved many of my previous problems. Now I have a big one. I set-up a HP DeskJet F4435 Printer with a TrendNet TE100-P1U Print Server fine a few weeks ago, watched it print. Needless to say, things have changed. I came down there and tried to fix it; I gave it a factory reset and followed the quick installation guide. I failed to get it to work, for the printed is not communicating to the print server. I know that the cord is not bum, however, it works when I plugged it into the 7 laptop they have down there. Any ideas? I'm open to anything.

Edited by benfog, 09 May 2010 - 08:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/
with the the install utility it looks straight forward with windows 7
what stage in the setup are you getting the error and what is the exact error message?

#3 benfog

benfog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for the response; what happens is, after setting up the printer I say print test page, and goes to the printserver, however, it has no where to go from there since the printer won't communicate with the server the page creates an error in the spooler. There is no specific error code. The setup utility from TRENDNet thinks it succeeded.

#4 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

right click on the printer in the control panel and go to properties
go to the ports tab
make sure that the port that is checked has the same ip address as the print server currently has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users