Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i get rid of Antispyware soft

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 misplaced

misplaced

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

Hello all! i am typing this topic on my wifes laptop because my desktop has a issue. I keep gettin errors that files are infected and my computer wont play them. Like my internet wont work because it says the site has viruses and what not on it which is false because its google or yahoo etc. It blocks everything i try to turn on...it blocked my AVG threat protector when i tried to run a scan and then i just keep gettin pop ups saying im infected and i need to unlock my subscription to antisoft protection program which i have no idea where that came from either cuz i use AVG. I tried that rkill program and it came up in a little black box and said it worked...The little green shield that is the icon for the antisoft protection program went away but if i restart my comp it comes back and i run rkill again and it takes the shield icon away once again but i cant use my web still but only this time i can actually open like aion online or wow or CS. (should have mentioned that b4 i couldnt even open my online games) However this problem still is a issue. Should i just wipe and go back to factory settings? And if i do wipe will i still have a workable windows vista?

Thanks for ur help in advance
-misplaced-

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 May 2010 - 08:00 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 misplaced

misplaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

ok...yes i know this is the SAME topic as another probably right below this one but i was told to make a new thread...even though he was fixed his own problem so i thought id use the same thread to save space (lol). OK either way not important but what is important is that i have this program blocking everything even my internet and my online games. This program says its called antispyware soft and has a little green shield icon. Please i need help...im not very good with computers lol i mean i know the basics but nothing in depth. Thank you for ur time and help.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hello and welcome... To avoid confusion I merged your 2 topics.

You need to do all the steps.
Please follow our Removal Guide here [Remove Antivirus Soft (Uninstall Guide)

You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

After you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 misplaced

misplaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hey thx boopme...serously i thought no one would help me and i was goin to have to reformat or something lol. Anyway right now im running MBAM and ill get back to ya...just wanted to say thx.

#5 misplaced

misplaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hey everything is working fine now except for one thing.....my internet still dosent work. When i open it up it just shows like i have no connection....but i do. Can u please help me fix this last problem. Id post my log but im on my wifes computer and i cannot getin into my internet lol. Thanks again for ur help

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

Ok...Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...."
OR
Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 misplaced

misplaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

omg thank u thank u thank thank u i have my computer back....i unchecked the proxy one and it worked!! Is this a perm fix? or do i need to check the proxy box again??

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

Yes it's permanent,It was altered by the malware. :thumbsup: Yoiu are berry welcome!!

Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista and Windows 7 users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point in Vista or Windows 7 and Disk Cleanup in Vista.

#9 misplaced

misplaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Thank u again so much...thought i had to replace another computer....i have a computer in my closet that wont show up on the monitor...always puts the monitor in standby mode. Thanks for ur help!

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

You're welcome from all of us here at BC. We are glad to have helped.
Please take a few minutes to read our quietman7's excellent Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:,in post 17. :thumbsup:

Actually you can hook the other hard drive to this PC as a Slave and scan it.
The monitor turns on? Do you hear the drive boot up?

#11 misplaced

misplaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

Been awhile cant remember if i hear anything i do remember though that the monitor light flashes green then goes straight to standby.

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

I asked as it could be the ,monitor,hard drive or Makware. But the monitor can only be checked by hooking it up to a working PC, Then that tells you Yes or No on the monitor (unless it's a graphics card issue agian.. trial and process of elimination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users