Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death....virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 caccigirl

caccigirl

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

Less than a month ago, I had some sort of virus that installed a Firefox application that would redirect me from Google. Anyways, someone here helped me. I ran scans with HijackThis, AVG, and Malwarebytes on my own, and ran scans with several other programs upon recommendation of the person here. They told me I was all clean.

My little cousin was on Stardoll (it's a site for young girls where they can dress up celebrities and stuff) she KNOWS she is to NEVER click an ad for any reason, and I was right there by here, and know she did not. All of the sudden, the Blue Screen of Death appeared. Scared out of my wits, I quickly used the button on the computer tower to turn off the computer. I turned it back on, and POOF! Everything was normal.

This is the fourth BSOD I've gotten. The other two were months ago, followed by no viruses.

So, what gives? Is there a virus on my computer I am not aware of? AVG has not found anything, nor has Malwarebytes. How can I determine if there is anything else wrong? I don't think there are any other computer symptoms, except for the computer randomly freezing on Stardoll 2 or 3 times in the past 2 weeks (it has not frozen otherwise)

Please help. Thank you!!

Oh, also, from what I have researched and been told, Stardoll is a very safe, reliable website. If you go to the Safeweb.Norton online scan site, they reviewed Stardoll as Safe....

THANK YOU!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users