I have had this computer since 04 and had no problems with sound. I have reinstalled windows and just installed the drivers and the sound worked. But recently for no particular reason the sound has disappeared.
So i have had no sound for many months - i spent many nights trying to fix the problem to no avail
- Tried reinstalling the Drivers
- took out and put back in sound card
- played with various settings
- At one point Windows would state there is no sound card - but skype would be able to pick up the sound card and play sound
- Messed around some more and skype doesnt see any sound cards either
- At one point the properties of the driver stated the sound card not enabled or not on or something but recognized - cant remember sorry
mmm there were a few more things but i cant remember the specifics.
- I need sound, this is a computer and ive gone with a few months without it but id like to raise my quality of living
- Any help advice etc.. would be greatly appreciated and i reply quite fast. Also if you are online in the Chat room of BSOD let me know cause i can be on there at almost any time.
Thanks for reading
Edited by jtl310, 09 May 2010 - 04:53 PM.