I may write a lot but it is only in an attempt to explain what may be helpful to a solution. I beg of you to help me.
2 days ago my AVG free suddenly started having a violent outburst of virus warnings. Trojan spam. So I instinctly cut the internet connection...
While trying to fix my issue I borrowed my parents computer to search the internet for solutions. I tried countless solutions to seemingly related issues, and when I thought I had fixed it (after nearly a whole days work), I plugged in my net cable, only to be spammed again.
In despair I formatted my computer. That, however is not the big problem.
While I was formatting my computer I used my parents PC to download all the stuff I would need for the reinstall (drivers ect), and I wanted to transfer it to my freshly formatted computer. So I used my USB HDD to transfer it. Best as I plugged it in to my parents machine I was horrified by the sudden attack the their AVG was facing. Trojan Spam.
Then it ran cold down my back as I realized that I have now tainted their only computer, my HDD with all my most precious back up is infected - so I cant just plug it into my own PC again and start working again. I HAVE TO kill this virus attack, I can't just format my way out of it any more!
Symptoms and random clues:
- It started with the "Antimalware Doctor" malware. At least I think so, that was the only concrete evidence I had to work from.
- A whole bunch of new processes show up in task manager. Most of them not being registerd by 'AVG free', 'Ad aware' or "Malwarebytes' Antimalware". They are hiding out in my 'documents and settings/User/local settings/' as a whole lot of .exe files.
- It cuts of nearly all of the internet access. Registering here and getting this post up was a long hassle alone.
- It kills the firewall the moment I turn it on. I can keep turing it on and it keeps killing it.
I have run out of ideas, therefor I am now asking you guys. What do you need from me to help me identify and counter this horrible situation? What kind of logs do you need to better help me?
So basically what I need help with is this:
- What is allowing these trojans in, even though nothing can detect it (it is still there after god knows how many searches and programs!)
- How to find it on my portable HDD, so I can safely use it again along with all of the work i have on it.
With kind regards, and a warm warm thanks for anyone willing and able to provide any assistance!
PS: sorry if my english isn't the best.
EDIT: the newest development is that my USB flash drive is now blocked as it seemingly had a "autorun.exe" on it that was causing some trojans to get in. However searches for this on my portable HDD and all of the infected computers came back negative, even following guides for this specific virus. So I guess it isnĘt that one that is the root of it.
Edited by Tjens, 09 May 2010 - 12:44 PM.