Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't run any software - entry point not found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 matterscott

matterscott

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hi all,

it's my first time posting here. Also, I've been searching the forums since yesterday and couldn't find anything that seems similar. My problem is this.

yesterday morning, while watching an episode of a show on ninjavideo, I got a popup error message that said "LUALL.exe - Entry Point Not Found, the procedure entry point GdiFlush could not be located in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll". At first I ignored it and went back to watching my show, but after that was over I tried to open google earth to map out my morning run and got the same message there. I then tried a number of other programs and keep getting the same error. I tried to open my symantec anti-virus and got the same error. Also tried downloading and running a couple of scanners (registrybooster and SpyHunter) but I got the same error message when I tried to run the installers. The only thing that seems to be openable is explorer. I can't even get into the taskmanager.

Also, when I tried to check the properties on My Computer it gives me this set of error messages: rundll32.exe (the same entry point error as above, twice) then "RUNDLL, Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll The specified procedure could not be found."

The computer is my home desktop, and I mainly use it for watching tv and stuff, not work, but I sure would like to have it not melt down on me.

Here are the computer details, as far as I can recall them because I can't get into the properties and get the exact info:
PC desktop (assembled in store, so no major brandname box)
Windows XP, I think SP3
and that's about it...

thanks for your help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 matterscott

matterscott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

After worrying that a restart would lead me to a BSOD, I restarted anyways and things seem to be sorted out now. I ran a virus scan and symantec found and quarantined a trojan of some sort, but I'm not sure if it was part of the problem or if there had just been a windows update that went wonky. So, I guess disaster averted for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users