Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usernames and Passwords in IE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 urslow

urslow

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 07:20 AM

Hi,

I used to be an avid user of Netscape, and then when it disappeared for awhile reluctantly went to IE which we also use at work. So I have become used to it and actually like it (I know, I know). I have tried Opera, and Firefox, Both are excellent browsers but I still prefer IE now. Is there a way to get IE to remember your user name and passwords for a web site like Opera, and Firefox will do? I love that feature of those programs.
I do use and as I type this am using Firefox, but I just like IE.

By the way this is an excellent web site, I have been reading these forums for an hour and a half and didn't even realize it.
Thanks for your time,
Al

Edited by urslow, 29 September 2005 - 07:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:10 PM

I prefer IE as well, and I've tried all the alternatives. You can add a new 'skin' to IE which gives it a new look, tabbed browsing, and an 'autologin' button for sites you've registered with. The skin is called 'SlimBrowser' (it doesn't 'kill' the normal IE interface or the original IE icon, so you still can use the 'plain' IE if you want anytime):
http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/
Give it a try -- oh, and it's free.

#3 urslow

urslow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:12 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic