Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Restarts--HELP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Corsair750

Corsair750

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:59 AM

I recently built a computer and for some reason it wont stop restarting.

It has
Antec 902 Case
Intel 920
Corsair HX750W Professional Series power supply
Corsair 6GB
Asus P6T Motherboard
Prolima Tech CPU Cooler -Megahalems
2X IPSG Samsung 22X DVD-RW Sata
S-Flex Scythe 120mm Quiet Fan 1600RPM
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 4890

Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EADS 1.5TB
2X Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache in RAID 0

FOR SOME REASON AFTER I LEAVE IT RUNNING FOR 2 DAYS IT KEEPS RESTARTING BY ITSELF. I cant figure out what is wrong.

-I replaced the memory, Motherboard, Power supply.
If i run memory test with no hard drives installed the computer still restarts. Only after i leave it running for a while. If i let it cool down and use it, everything is fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:58 AM

Hi and :huh: to BC corsair750. :huh: :thumbup2:

Ok so i think it may be overheating:

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php go there and then install and run it and check your temps and post a screenshot in your next post. :inlove: also you really should not be running it for 2 days non stop it is not good for the components also it sucks power you would probably drop a few bucks on your power bill if you just shut it off when you are not using it. :crazy:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, it definitely sounds like overheating to me.

Let us know what your temps are, and make sure the fans, vents, etc...are getting plenty of air. I can't imagine them being clogged with dust, since this is a new build...
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users