Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost IP address

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wubbzysmom

wubbzysmom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

I recently removed the Antimalware Doctor from my computer. While infected my laptop's IP address disappeared. I can't figure out how go reset it or get a new one. It will not let me connect to any wireless network. Help please.

EDIT: Moved from XP forum to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 09 May 2010 - 08:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hello see if one of these fixes it.

Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...."
OR
Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

3 Methods of repairing connectivity
METHOD 1

LSP-Fix
Repairs Winsock 2 settings, caused by buggy or improperly-removed Internet software, that result in loss of Internet access
LSP-Fix Home Page
Using LSP-Fix to remove Spyware & Hijackers

METHOD 2

WinSock XP Fix 1.2
It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings.
If you encounter connection problems after removing network related software, Adware or after registry clean-up; and all other ways fail, then give WinSock XP Fix a try.
Download WinSock XP Fix 1.2

METHOD 3

Microsoft KB article to reset TCP/IP
One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become corrupted. If you cannot connect to the Internet and you have tried all other methods to resolve the problem, TCP/IP might be causing it.
Because TCP/IP is a core component of Windows, you cannot remove it. However, you can reset TCP/IP to its original state by using the NetShell utility (netsh)
How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users