Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some sound anomalies...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 greycobalt

greycobalt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

In the past few weeks, my computer has been acting weird when it comes to sound. Every so often, all the sound will come out of the speakers stuttered and skip-like, for no reason at all. At the same time as the stutter, I notice a slight mouse/keyboard stutter to go with it, but I have no idea why this would be occurring.

Also, the default sound that plays when you shut down Windows 7 has been playing in my background at random intervals. I can't figure out what's causing it, as I've checked programs, sound options, and anything else I can think of. Nothing else happens when the sound plays, but it does get quite annoying.

I run AVG/Spybot/CCleaner/MSSE at regular intervals, and the only one to come up with hits is Spybot, but nothing changes once it's deleted them.

I'm fairly knowledgeable about spyware issues and whatnot, but these have me stumped. I'm running 64-bit 7, I have 8GB of ram, 1TB of free space, a GeForce 9800GT, and no idea why any of this would happen. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users