Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Uninstall 2WIRE Wireless LAN - USB Driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sploog321

Sploog321

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

My 2WIRE USB Wireless Adapter is having some problems so I want to un then reinstall it but it will not uninstall. When I try it goes to a completion bar, then it takes me to the 2Wire Wireless Manager Setup that installs the the 2WIRe Wireless manager. How can I uninstall this stubborn driver?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

I haven't dealt with 2Wire DSL in years...but I believe that the driver must be uninstalled or installed by running the 2Wire software, at least that's the way that I remember it (wired DSL connection of friends).

You might try that and see if the device remains installed.

Louis

#3 Sploog321

Sploog321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

I put in the CD and I can onlu chose to install it. And when I do chose to install it, and it makes me uninstall it, and even when it does that. it flashes the progression bar and takes me to the 2wire wireless manager setup.

Edited by Sploog321, 08 May 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

The software should uninstall via Add/Remove Programs...are you saying there are no entries for 2Wire in Add/Remove Programs?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users