Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

panda software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 willfan

willfan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:19 AM

hello im new here need some help , im crap with computers hence why im here. i have panda internet secuity but have had problems with it for ages , it keeps saying protection level low please reinstall , ive tried everything to get it working right but have been unsucessfull, :thumbsup: want to unistall it completly and put a new anti virus on but when i try to it comes up with this message ERROR UNINST LSP, how do i unistall it manually as i cant put a new anti virus on till this one has gone, help greatfully recieved :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:39 AM

Hello willfan and welcome to BC.

Try reinstalling then uninstalling. Alternately you can try using Add-Remove Pro. Ccleaner also has a tool to uninstall programs but the first option is the best.

Edited by Leurgy, 29 September 2005 - 04:40 AM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 willfan

willfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:05 AM

Hello willfan and welcome to BC.

Try reinstalling then uninstalling. Alternately you can try using Add-Remove Pro. Ccleaner also has a tool to uninstall programs but the first option is the best.

i tried to reinstall but it said , A PREVIOUS INSTALLSTION WAS DETECTED , THE VERSION YOU ARE GOING TO INSTALL IS OLDER, INSTALLATION WILL BE ABORTED, :thumbsup: , ive tried to uninstall the version i have on pc but it wont uninstall, it says ERROR UNINSTL LSP

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:33 AM

Is it a big problem if you just leave it there? If its not running at Startup it won't interfere with anything.

Panda has a Home User Interactive Troubleshooter you can try.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:31 AM

I've had that new and old thing to. Just uninstall first then reinstall from your original or download from panda. Run update and it works fine.... I got this from Panda tech support.. It worked for me hope it does for you...

Dear Customer,
We do apologize for the inconveniences this may be causing.

Please click on the link below to run the uninstaller

http://216.240.153.30/tech/Uninstall.exe

Click save and save it to your desktop or to any other location from which you can easily locate it.

Click on the Uninstall.exe
Have it run.

In the screen below choose a location from where it will be easy for you to locate the 14 unzipped files. You can do that by clicking browse and saving the files to a specific folder(Probably your download folder).

In the screen below, browse to the location where the folder is located.

Now click on unzip
This should unzip the files to the location you chose.
After the unzip is complete, go to the folder where the 14 files were unzipped to and click on the Panda Uninstal.exe file.

This should bring up a black screen similar to a command prompt.
This will take a few moments uninstalling and once it is done you will see a screen similar to the one below;

This should restart your computer. Once the computer boots up , panda will be completely uninstalled.
Please click on the appropriate link to download and re-install panda.

Platinum:
http://216.240.153.30/tech/platis2005_902.exe
Titanium:
http://216.240.153.30/tech/titan2005_402.exe
Titanium 2006
http://216.240.153.30/tech/Titan2006.zip
Platinum 2006
http://216.240.153.30/tech/Plat2006.zip

Edited by jgweed, 29 September 2005 - 12:50 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users