Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another case of "Limited/No Connectivity"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pogamahone1

pogamahone1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

I'm trying to help my father-in-law - love my wife so would like to keep him happy!

Home wireless network around Linksys WRT54G router connected to Embarq DSL here in OBX, N.C. Have security set as WPA Personal. Main computer (Dell) hardwired to router. Three wireless connections: Dell laptop (works fine - using it now for this); iPod touch 2G - works fine throughout the house; father-in-laws laptop is the problem. HP Pavilion ze4400 using a Linksys WPC54g ver 2 PC Card modem. Modem can find the access point fine sometimes and then others requires a little jiggle before Linksys Network Monitor software registers access point. Regardless, the Linksys software "can't find the Internet". Have Linksys software running connection. Everyone else can find and use the internet without a problem which seems to narrow the issue to the HP. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shopbruce

shopbruce

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:49 PM

I am having a similar problem with a Gateway T1616 laptop. Had wireless connection through usb RealTek. Computer can not assign an IP address automatically so I reconfigured TCP to assign IP address of 192.168.1.10 and subnet of 255.255.255.0. Computer now recognizes network and logs in properly but I have no Internet. CMD ipconfig shows no gateway. Have three computers on the network. Main computer (one I'm using here) is hardwired into the router. #2 is wirelessly connected without problem. My laptop is the problem child. Security set WEP 64 Bit. Laptop will logon to the Internet when hard wired to the network. I'm baffled! Running XP Pro with Service Pack 3 on all three computers. Have tried all of the following: CMD / regsvr32 actxprxy.dll; shdocvw.dll; mshtml.dll; msjava.dll; shell32.dll with no results. Same results with IE and FireFox. No Skype or Messenger service either.

Edited by shopbruce, 08 May 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#3 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:49 AM

I'm trying to help my father-in-law - love my wife so would like to keep him happy!

Home wireless network around Linksys WRT54G router connected to Embarq DSL here in OBX, N.C. Have security set as WPA Personal. Main computer (Dell) hardwired to router. Three wireless connections: Dell laptop (works fine - using it now for this); iPod touch 2G - works fine throughout the house; father-in-laws laptop is the problem. HP Pavilion ze4400 using a Linksys WPC54g ver 2 PC Card modem. Modem can find the access point fine sometimes and then others requires a little jiggle before Linksys Network Monitor software registers access point. Regardless, the Linksys software "can't find the Internet". Have Linksys software running connection. Everyone else can find and use the internet without a problem which seems to narrow the issue to the HP. Any suggestions?

Open device manager and ls thare any yellow flags or red x's by you wireless adapter?

#4 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:52 AM

I am having a similar problem with a Gateway T1616 laptop. Had wireless connection through usb RealTek. Computer can not assign an IP address automatically so I reconfigured TCP to assign IP address of 192.168.1.10 and subnet of 255.255.255.0. Computer now recognizes network and logs in properly but I have no Internet. CMD ipconfig shows no gateway. Have three computers on the network. Main computer (one I'm using here) is hardwired into the router. #2 is wirelessly connected without problem. My laptop is the problem child. Security set WEP 64 Bit. Laptop will logon to the Internet when hard wired to the network. I'm baffled! Running XP Pro with Service Pack 3 on all three computers. Have tried all of the following: CMD / regsvr32 actxprxy.dll; shdocvw.dll; mshtml.dll; msjava.dll; shell32.dll with no results. Same results with IE and FireFox. No Skype or Messenger service either.

Open a cmd prompt and type the following without the quotes and paste the results back here; "ipconfig /all". When you typed in the ip address manually did you also enter a default gateway and DNS address?

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:14 AM

shopbruce.....start your own thread

Retirednow - stop helping shopbruce hijack pogamahone1's thread lol

pogamahone1 - When I have an issue with my wireless the first thing I do is the latest drivers, uninstall from device manager, uninstall any software from add/remove, reboot and install new software. Most times this clears up any issues.

Let us know

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users