Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two down XP machines

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Boer84

Boer84

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

I have one computer that got infected with "antimalware doctor" and "ARManager" Which at first I got rid of with "Malwarebytes" but not with out a lot of error messages and application terminations.

I thought I could restore it before the infection occurred, but sadly the earliest I restored it to was when they first was installed onto the machine. So I used RKill and Combofix, which got rid of the infection. Still a few pop-ups but not as many as before. But the internet is gone. I had access to the network but couldn't browse anywhere via Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. I ran dial-a-fix program, used the repair function in Network Connections, reentered DNS and TCP/IP settings, but nothing is working. I have it to the point where I am told the web page is loading, but nothing is showing no matter how long I wait. I saved the logs for the Rkill and Combofix just in case.

Here is a couple of the errors I am getting.

"Act.Outlook.Service.exe NET Framework Initialization Error"
"AppleMobileDeviceService.exe Application Error: The instruction of 0x77c39fef" referenced memory "0x00333dc4". The memory could not be "read"."
"mDNSResponder.exe Application Error: The instruction of 0x77c39fef" referenced memory "0x00333934". The memory could not be "read"."
"ActSage.exe: Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application."

Update: The second machine with printing issues was resolved via deleting all traces of local printer in registry and restarting the computer and reinstalling drivers and printer.

Update: The Computer can now connect, but takes a while to load pages, and sometimes when I click on a link, I get redirected to random websites.

Edited by Boer84, 09 May 2010 - 03:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Boer84

Boer84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:38 AM

Update: Internet is up, but randomly redirecting in IE, Firefox is fine.
Also, MS Outlook will not open at all, not in safe mode no regular mode.
Excel and Word will start and work fine then randomly close down.

XP Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users