Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personnal Security (really bad)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobdor

bobdor

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

I have XP operating system. Personnal Security infection is stopping all operations, including rkill.com, malwarebytes, defogger.exe,; all fixes your info has asked that I use to get rid of this infection. Help please. It took me 3 tries to post on this site, and hope I get to finish this.
I had trouble downloading and had to change the names to complete and definitely will not let me run anything after. I do have malwarebytes downloaded but will not run.
Help please and thanks in advance.

Bob

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 May 2010 - 08:06 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bobdor

bobdor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

I know this computer is infected with Personal Security that will not allow me to delete, uninstall, or allow any other program to get rid of it also. Is there any solution to this problem??

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Bob

#3 bobdor

bobdor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:46 PM

Thanks in advance but I really need to know what to do with this infestation. It will not let me run anything to work or let me get rid of it. Even rkill.com will not run. I have tried to install and change name but didn't work so I need someone to walk me thru a fix.

Thanks
Bob

#4 bobdor

bobdor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:19 AM

I appologize for continuing to ask for help, but I really need help. I had posted in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs but I was redirected here because I didn't have a log posted. I know I am infected. I cannot run Malwarebytes to get a log because the Personal Security (the problem) will not let me run anything that it sees as a threat. Can anyone help me???
Thanks again. You all have been a big help in the past and hope you can help again.
Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users