Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access any foreign sites all of a sudden

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BlueSymphony

BlueSymphony

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

All of a sudden I can't access any non-English sites at all... I have absolutely no idea what's going on as I didn't even use the laptop that much these few days. The last thing I installed was the DivX player, and I don't think that has anything to do with the internet. Whenever I try to go on any sites, it just says "Google Chrome cannot connect to ____". It does the same thing with Firefox and IE. This applies to any website that is not hosted in an English-speaking country like Canada or United States. A foreign-website hosted in Canada will work (for example www.51.com). Another odd thing I noticed is that out of the blue none of my internet browsers auto-completes the address bar anymore. For example before if I type in "wi", it will automatically fill in "wikipedia.org" for me, and if I type in "go", it will automatically fill in "google.com", now it doesn't do that for any websites anymore.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Edited by BlueSymphony, 08 May 2010 - 02:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

Try clearing your internet history (cache, cookies, form history, etc...) in your browser(s).

It's possible your ISP is blocking access to foreign websites. They have the power to do this, as far as I know.

But it's more likely a browser/connection problem. Clearing history is the first thing to try.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users