Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Video Stream Help - After antivirus soft virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Monkeyisbest

Monkeyisbest

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hello, this is my first post and first question on this website.

******UPDATE***** ( This problem has been fixed. For some reason Adobe Flasg Player was uninstalled after i removed the virus. I assume that it got infected. I have downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10 again and now i can stream videos again. Sorry for the Topic Post. )

My name is Buddy and here is my question.

Info prior to problem:

I have recentally obtained the Anti-Virus Soft virus whilst roaming the internet. I found a guide on this site about how to remove the virus. I followed the guide and used the rkill process and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program to succesfully remove the virus. Thanks! :thumbsup: I use internet explorer 8 and i have windows xp home edition.

Now, my real problem.

Before this virus, i could go to anysite and watch any videos that were streaming, but now when i go to a website and attempt to watch a video it is just a blank screen with a little symbol on the top left.

I can watch any youtube video, but if i try to watch a video from this website http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid26272 or anyother site, it will not let me view the video.

The video does not load and it is just an outline of a box, with the little symbol on the top lefthand corner. The symbol is like a litttle picture inside of a box, im assuming it is just showing it's a video, but i can not see it.

Any info that might help me to be able to watch these videos again? I have never had this problem before.

**EDIT** - If i do not respond fast, i apologize i am going to be at work for the next 4 hours, but i will return after.

Edited by Monkeyisbest, 09 May 2010 - 10:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

If you only have problems at one site...I would think that is a site problem, not a system problem.

Louis

#3 Monkeyisbest

Monkeyisbest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:30 AM

No Louis, i cannot view streaming videos at anysite. I only gave the link to show what situation i was having. I canot view streming videos anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users