Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying new PC need help with specs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mhc

mhc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

Would like some feedback on this current build exactly as shown. I really am worried about the phenom II, and also video card. I have been out of the computer game for over 6 years so all this new technology is pretty unfamiliar. If you have heard any negatives about anything on my list I would love to know. How many months do you think I would have on that v-card before it became obsolete? Also for an extra 10 bucks would it be worth it to throw in a couple extra fans? And yes I know the HD is small, but im trying to save as much money as possible. Oh and FYI I am trying to make this a gaming PC. Thank you for your time.

COOLERMASTER 922 MID GAMING CASE

OCZ MODXSTREAM 700 WATT MOD

ASUS MB M4A79XTD EVO AMD AM3 790X FSB5200MTS DDR3 PCIE AUDIO SATA RETAIL

AMD CPU HDZ955FBGMBOX PHENOM II X4 955 BLACK EDITION 3.2GHZ AM3 125W R

OCZ Technology 4GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module 4GB (2 x 2GB)

SONY DVD RW SATA 24X

WESTERN DIGITAL 500 GIGABYTE SATA II DESKTOP STORAGE 7200 RPM 16MB CACHE

ASUS VIDEO CARD RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE2.1 2DVI HDMI DISPLAY HDTV

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

Hi, as I live in Aus I can't really help with pricing but this is a low end gaming rig. I would not recommend it :blink:
MCP
MSDST

#3 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:29 PM

An easy way to save money is on the case. You can get pretty bland cases for very cheap which will knock an easy $70 USD off your price.

I would say the weakest point in your system is that video card though. Once you upgrade the video card to an ATI 5850 at least with similar RAM you should be ok. Also note that I said OK and not GREATEST SYSTEM EVER.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users