Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't make OE8 default email handler, just one question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HighVoltageBlonde

HighVoltageBlonde

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

I started another thread on this awhile back but it got lost in the shuffle, so I'm trying again.

OE6 is no longer my default email client. If I try to click on an email addy to get the whole address when I'm in OE I get "OE could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." When I try to click on an email link on a web page nothing happens, so I have to copy and paste - that is if there's an email addy. If it just says "Contact Us" I'm stuck.

I've triple checked the usual places: Control panel, OE options, IE options. OE does not even show up on the drop down menus, or anywhere else. Someone suggested that I uninstall and reinstall IE, but when I start it tells me all these programs depend on it.. Flash, Photoshop, security updates, hot fixes.. the list goes on. My question is, will I have to re-download all that stuff (the patches, etc) and will I damage or make unstable the other programs/applications if I do the reinstall? Or can I ignore that mssg?

I hope I'm in the right place and have provided enough info. I've had this problem for awhile and I'm on the net a lot so it's a feature I use often and would like to get fixed. Any help is appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HighVoltageBlonde

HighVoltageBlonde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:36 PM

I took my computer to the shop and the guy there tried to fix the prob and couldn't. He spent a good half hour on it, even looked on the web for help. I'm going to take it back in next week for another techie to look at who can hopefully resolve the problem. In the meantime if anybody reads this and thinks outside the box and is up for a challenge..

Edited by HighVoltageBlonde, 08 May 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Here is your previous topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311092/cant-make-oe8-default-email-handler/

Next time you want a list of the topics you've created...

At the top of any forum page, look for Logged in as: HighVoltageBlonde (Log Out). Click your username. Under your personal photo, click Options > Find member's topics

Also, to see all topics you have posted in (including, but not limited to, topics you have created), just click the My Topics link at the top of every page (straight across to the right of where your username is that I mentioned earlier). :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users