Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

resizing winxp using software only

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 melchoir55

melchoir55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:07 AM

The topic explains it pretty well:
I'm using windows xp pro with service pack 2. My computer is hooked up to my tv so I can watch media through it. The problem is that windows resizes itself poorly for my tv and I can't seem to find any software options for resizing. I tried looking through the menus on my tv (a toshiba from around 1998) but I found no options to resize.

Normally I could just press a few buttons on the monitor, but I'm not sure what to do with a tv.

I have tried googling for 3rd party software (video card is an nvidia geforce2 MX 400) but I couldnt manage to find anything relevant.

If anyone can help me with this I'd be quite appreciative!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:45 AM

Hi There,

You might take a look at this site http://www.mlin.net/misc.shtml . Mike Lin has this little app. called "WindowSizer" that is worth a look.

I am not sure if it is appropriate for what you need it for, but I do know that it works on 21" monitors.
It actually does the opposite of what you are asking, by setting the initial size and allowing you to resize to a lower resolution. it's a very handy Web Master tool.

I'm just not sure if it can be applied to T.V.'s or not. Maybe it will get you pointed in the right direction.

Like any program, make sure you read all the info.

Hope This Helps,

Nos
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users