Hi,Let's try a slightly different approach.
>>>> Download this file
and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.Next run ATF and SAS:
If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner
and then SUPERAntiSpyware
, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update
Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close
" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.
Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete
" choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected
button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program
NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive
Perform a Complete
scan. After scan,Verify they are all
on the summary screen to quarantine all
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes"
and reboot normally.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
, then click the Statistics/Logs
Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current
dated log and press View
A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply
to exit the program.Now we run an onlie scan.ESET
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner
.(Requires Internet Explorer to work. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)Vista users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator. Right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.
- Click the green ESET Online Scanner button.
- Click on the Start button next to it.
- You may receive an alert on the address bar that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then click Insall ActiveX component.
- A new window will appear asking "Do you want to install this software?"".
- Answer Yes to download and install the ActiveX controls that allows the scan to run.
- Click Start.
- Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Scan to start. (please be patient as the scan could take some time to complete)
- If offered the option to get information or buy software. Just close the window.
- When the scan has finished, a log.txt file will be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
- Click > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
- The scan results will open in Notepad. Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.