Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A little bit of blur on screen using DVI-VGA adaptor.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doingitwell

doingitwell

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

My normal computer had issues so I fired up my replacement computer. My tower only has dual DVI outs and I couldn't find my DVI cable for my monitor so I used a DVI-CGA adapter. Now I'm getting a bit of a blur issue on part of the monitor. It runs from top to bottom and about 2 inches wide in about the middle of the screen.

I'm suspecting it's due to the adapter as the monitor has run flawless until now. I was hoping to avoid spending the $60 for a DVI cable until I could find mine.

Any thoughts about the blur being because of the adapter or??

Thank you!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

That effect shouldn't be caused just by using an adapter. It must be something wrong with a cable, or adapter itself.
With good quality video card, you shouldn't be seeing any difference at all.
With lesser quality video card, you may experience little bit worse picture quality, but it wouldn't create bad image on just some section of your screen.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 doingitwell

doingitwell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

That effect shouldn't be caused just by using an adapter. It must be something wrong with a cable, or adapter itself.
With good quality video card, you shouldn't be seeing any difference at all.
With lesser quality video card, you may experience little bit worse picture quality, but it wouldn't create bad image on just some section of your screen.

Well I'm using the same cable I was using with the other computer and my video card is a 512mb eVGA NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT. The only thing new is that adapter. Maybe I need to find my my DVI cable, or spring the $60.00 for one.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

It may be something wrong with the adapter then.
I know, DVI cables are dang expensive :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users