Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ERROR NIRCMDC & MTEE CAN NOT EXECUTE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CNook

CNook

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

After doing the backup the following error occurs NIRCMDC is NOT a valid command, same with MTEE
The program halts at this point and goes no further.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

My only question about ComboFix, at this point, is...do you have a ComboFix log?

I myself have no experience with CF or associated issues...but I can try to get you to the right place, depending on whether you have completed a log...have a botched attempt to run ComboFix...or whatever.

I suggest that you take the time to read through the info at ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/.

Once you read and digest the info at that link, we will be better able to decide what can be done, etc.

Louis

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:08 AM

Hi Cnook,

We do not offer advice on how to run combofix on your computer unless we asked you to run it or there is a problem with your computer that is caused by running it. This is because we do not feel people should run CF without being told to. If you are being advised to run it, then you should contact that user and have them help you as they should have the knowledge to do so.

Sorry we cannot help you more.

#4 CNook

CNook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

I have been working on computer since 1960 when I joined the Air Force. From analog computer, digital were to slow for the task, flight simulation. My first digital computer was in 1966 it was a dedicate computer custom built for flight simulators using very high end chips, for that time anyway. Then went to other main frame computer using core memory, required two computer to provide the speed required to show flight simulators data.
I have been working on home computer since 1981 starting with the Zenith Heathkit H89 very fast at all of 2MHz it could out run the IBM personal computer until the first AT version came out. I think may background should speak for for its self.
I asked my son, he has only 30 years of background in computers and said the problem was a trojan that is blocking the ComboFix from running.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

I am not say that you are in experienced. I am saying, though, that it is policy that we do not help people run Combofix unless they have been asked to run it by one of our helpers. I can also tell you that the developer will not provide support on the program in this manner either.

It may be a Trojan, it may be an environment variable, it could be a bug. I do not know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users