Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINXP--Volume

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

I have been noticing the term"volume" popping up when using WINXP. I never noticed the term in WIN 3.1, 95 or 98. Can some kind soul perhaps elaborate or is this something peculiar to WIN XP? Is this some sort of geekspeak? Anyone plz point me somewhere?? :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:58 AM

A volume is another word for a partition

#3 EdBee

EdBee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:52 PM

Thanks--Next time I see this I'll try to understand it using what you told me. :thumbsup:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users