Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

having trouble w/ dell driver for hp laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 junebuggy

junebuggy

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

can anyone tell a trusted website where i might find the driver for a dell a960 all-in-one for my hp pavilion laptop? i tried the dell website and according to their info, the driver they provide is only compatible with dell computers. i did go ahead and installed it anyway and sure enough, the printer would not function...unless i am reading something wrong form them. thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:35 PM

I believe that Dell printers are rebranded Lexmarks...in this case, specificlly the Lexmark 6170.

I'd try the Lexmark drivers, Review.

Louis

#3 junebuggy

junebuggy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

hey there. the lexmark driver doesn't seem to be doing it for me either. you know what, i don't know if the drivers are properly installing. they seem to have but when i look at the printers and faxes installed on my computer, they are not there. the computer recognizes the printer as the a960 but i will not automatically install the driver because it says that it cannot find the software. last week, i was using a jump drive on my comp that i have had for years and my computer suddenly said that it could not recognize the hardware and then said that there was an error in installing and that it may cause functional problems. when i removed it and replugged, it said that it did not recognize it. i am thinking these 2 issues i am having may be related. i used to have the driver for this printer installed on my comp until i removed it recently because i thought i was getting rid of it. idk what is going on at this point.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

Take a look in Event Viewer...look at the detail for the last 5 errors (not information items, not warnings) noted on any tab.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

#5 junebuggy

junebuggy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

hmmm...well i am not quite sure what the export list should look like but there were only 2 errors for today. they were system errors. one of them had to do with ipod service... and i did not think it was applicable. here is what i copied from the other one. there was no data at the bottom.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7011
Date: 5/7/2010
Time: 7:51:39 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CREEPLE
Description:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the stisvc service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users