Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

printer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:47 AM

Hello,

I am looking for a printer which is multifunction(fax,scanner,copier, and printer) which can print at high speed. Also I need it to print some graphic on the STRONG paper actually these are used as leaf lets to distribute among customers. lets say budget is upt0 300-350

http://www.businessdirect.bt.com/products/...l?refs=42390000

So please advise me on that.

Thanks,
sreez

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:53 AM

What kind of print quality are you looking for? also what kind of scan quality? I have found you can have 1 all in one that does an ok job for both or two separate units that does each job outstanding. If you are looking for good print quality I would go with a color Laser printer they range in price from 130 on up I would recommend an HP laser Jet you can find them on newegg.com or amazon.com price is dependent on resolution 1200x600 is standard 600x600 is not that great. For scanners I have an Epson perfection 1670 with 1600x3200 DPI resolution and its awesome. The epson has been replaced by the V300 which has a resolution of 4800x9600. Its only 90 bucks on newegg with 3 dollar shipping on newegg.com Those two units together fall well within your 300 Euro price range.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for the reply Sneakycyber.

As said before I am looking for color multifunctional one(fax/scanner/printer/copier) This unit is required at clients restaurant where they are going print Color leaf lets on hard or thick paper every week lets say around 200 copies each time. Sometimes they use normal A4 paper,sometimes smaller size then that, im not sure of leaf let sizes.

It would be easier if you or somebody else suggest UK stores, as it would be easy later. I have checked dabs4work website but couldnt find the right one yet.

Thanks

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

So you defiantly want an all in one unit no straying to two separate units. I can research them no problem. As for finding UK stores will have to leave that to someone else I have never shopped UK stores before. I will get back to you today.

Chad Mockensturm 

#5 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

http://www.businessdirect.bt.com/products/...390000-41730000

What do you think about this one :thumbsup:

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

I am looking around on that site to see. I personally have no experience with smaller xerox products so I can't personally recommend it.

Edit: omitted reference to resolution vs price

Edited by Sneakycyber, 11 May 2010 - 07:23 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

I apologize I was mistaken about the resolution. This one is the one my mom uses and the resolution is a tad lower. This fills the bill for her the installation was easy and it does the job well.

Edit: typo

Edit 2: Another factor too look at would be how much toner cost. The Xerox toners cost more up front because the cartridges are larger but you get 3100 pages per cartridge. The HP toners are half the size.

The Xerox cost .16 Euro per page

The HP cost .22 euro for black and .15 for color

Edited by Sneakycyber, 11 May 2010 - 07:43 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

#8 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:40 AM

That was good information sneakycyber :thumbsup: I will give those two options to client and will leave decision to them. And will advise him personally to go for HP :huh:

#9 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

Glad I could help :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm