Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My desktop background slideshow is stuck

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:39 AM

I have "Slideshow" selected and pointed to a folder with about 10 pictures in it. I have not changed anything about the folder's properties lately, but the slideshow has stopped rotating. I selected and saved another theme and changed back, but it still stays on one picture. If I right click on the desktop and click "Next Desktop Background," it will change. Any Idea how to get the slideshow going again?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

Make sure the setting for how long to wait for it to change is set to the lowest and see if it will change then.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 RknRusty

RknRusty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

It's set to 10 seconds for right now.

Edited by RknRusty, 07 May 2010 - 10:30 AM.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

Is it rotating? With It set like that?

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#5 RknRusty

RknRusty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

Right now I have it set to 10 seconds, so I'll know if it starts working again. Shuffle is checked, but I tried it both ways. 12 of 14 pictures in the folder are selected, which is the way it's always been. I haven't moved or renamed anything affecting that picture folder, and I can manually select any picture in it using the desktop's context menu "Next desktop background" selection. I hoped applying another theme and then going back might help, but no such luck. As with any problem, I tried rebooting first.

The last updates installed were on May 1: KB975496 and KB980408 for Windows 7, and the malicious software tool. Before that was AL1916W for Acer display - now there's a suspect. But that was on April 18 along with 10 Windows and Office updates, and I don't think this has been a problem for that long. However I will uninstall the Acer update and see what happens. I can try a restore back to that time. Luckily, I haven't been tinkering too much since then.

Just checked and the Acer update is not listed in Control Panel\Programs and Features\installed updates. Revo doesn't list it either. Maybe I can roll it back in the device manager. I'll check that.

EDIT:  I went to the Acer monitor properties and clicked roll back and rebooted.  Nothing changed about the desktop slideshow.

Edited by RknRusty, 07 May 2010 - 07:44 PM.

#6 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

See this article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...ound-slide-show

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators