Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email blocked

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 philkiwi

philkiwi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:06 AM

I am running Win XP3 and OE6. One particular email will not show pictures, only a small red X in a tiny box. The email suggests looking at it in my browser but if I try that I get this message -- Request denied by WatchGuard HTTP proxy.
Reason: IPS matched signature "BEM Zango Seekmo Bar Spyware User-Agent (Seekmo Toolbar)", id='1000'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Method: GET
Host: nl.aucklandmuseum.com
Path: /Extensions/ViewSentNewsletter.aspx?NewsId=312&UserId=28699&Fn=Gwe&Ln=Phi

I contacted the sender of the email and they said it was my internet settings and I should check with my ISP. I did that and they denied any involvement with Watchguard and I hould contact my email service provider. The firm who handles my email said they did not use Watchguard and that it was on my PC. I have never knowingly installed Watchguard and can find no trace of it. Any suggestions anyone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users