Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird issue with PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tim_ver

tim_ver

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:47 AM

One of my pc is acting very weird. It boots up and works fine and then all of a sudden when I go to boot it up again a day later nothing. I look inside and the green led is lite up on the mob but nothing else comes on, I un-connect the hdd and still nothing. Even tried a new hdd still nothing. Wait a day or so and then it works again for a while then back to not booting up. arghhh :thumbsup:

Any questions please let me know.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

I wonder if it is the button on the front not making good contact. :trumpet:

First, unplug the computer and drain all static. :thumbsup:

The button on the front has 2 wires going to a spot on the motherboard where it will short the contact between two pins. If you have the correct information for your motherboard, you can figure out which two pins need to be shorted.

Attach 2 new wires to those pins (don't solder, use push-on connectors). Make sure you have not disturbed anything and set it all back up properly. If you are then able to turn on the computer, then that button on the front is the culprit. (let it go through a few cycles, to be certain)

Other than that, most power supplies require it reach a certain voltage within a certain amount of time (about 500 ms). If that voltage is not reached, it will not turn on the power to the motherboard.

The worst type of problems are the ones that are intermittent. :inlove:

I hope this helps.

DR :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users