Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SPF Record failing?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WallabyLP

WallabyLP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Can anyone tell me from this email header entry if this email has actually gone through my email server? My host is webhostingpad, and the server207.webhostingpad.com is part of a legitimate email header from accounts on my server.

from [201.67.239.78]
by server207.webhostingpad.com with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <rmaye@fishouttawater.net>)
id 1O6D2l-0005WT-Ud
for rmaye@fishouttawater.net; Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:23:33 -0500

Webhostingpad's control panel automatically sets up the SPF record when I enable it, so I set it up to only allow email originating from my machine and the machine I use at my office. The IP address listed apparently comes from Brazil. This email message did wind up in my Spam Assassin Spam Box, but this may be due to the content and not the fact that this email address has never existed on my account, and the IP address is way off.

Granted, I am not an SPF expert, but shouldn't my own host see that this IP address is blocked and discard the message?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users