Please install Java this way and check that it is working OK.
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 20 and save it to your desktop.
- Scroll down to where it says JDK 6 Update 20 (JDK or JRE)
- Click the Download JRE button to the right
- Select the Windows platform from the dropdown menu.
- Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6u20 with JavaFX 1 License Agreement". Click on Continue.The page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add or Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE or Java 6) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u20-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
- After the install is complete, go into the Control Panel (using Classic View) and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup)
- On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
- Next, click on the Delete Files button
- There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH CheckedApplications and Applets
Trace and Log Files
- Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
- Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
- Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.
To test your Java Run-time, you may go to this page http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
When all is well, you should see Java Version: 1.6.0_20 from Sun Microsystems Inc.
You can certainly try formatting the SD card, although I believe they usually come ready for use.
Than try the '- Install This Update From the Web -' again.
If that doesn't work, try the stand-alone installer again.
Let me know if you are still having problems.
Edited by marktreg, 07 May 2010 - 05:42 PM.