Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exploit Rogue svchost.exe problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mbb720

mbb720

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

Hi there! Recently, I'm pretty sure I downloaded a virus or worm or whatever it technically is called. I used system restore to go back to the day before and I hoped that would have taken care of it. Well, it mostly did, but now when I search for websites on yahoo or google, if i click a link I just get redirected to another really sketchy website. I scanned using Malwarebytes and my AVG and it turned up nothing. I even put my computer in safe mode and scanned with malwarebytes and it still found nothing. Occasionally AVG will pop up with an infection saying that the process name is svchost.exe

Here's a link to the picture http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=xcybk20yoyz

I checked on these forums for several similar problems and they were able to fix theirs, so I'm hoping you guys could do the same for me :thumbsup:
I know a decent amount about computers but I was just looking for some more help.

Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users