Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programming FOR a cellphone ON a cellphone?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Infinitum3D

Infinitum3D

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm looking for a compiler or IDE that runs ON a cellphone and can be used FOR programming cellphone games.

BEFORE THE FLAMES BEGIN (LOL) let me explain;

I know a cellphone is not designed to do this. I know a PC/MAC/Desktop is MUCH better suited for this. I don't care.

I don't have access to a full size computer, but I have my cellphone with me ALL THE TIME, so I want to be able to do some programming on it. Any language (C++, JAVA, even good old BASIC, I'll even learn a proprietary language if I have to).

Does anyone know of a free (or cheap) compiler/IDE that will run on a cellphone. I currently have a Motorola Q9C, but I'll be trading it in soon. I wasn't really wanting to get an iPhone, but if that's my only option for this, then I will.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: Removed email addy to keep the information on the forums so that everyone can learn. ~ Animal

Bump.

Still looking. I've tried using Scratch http://scratch.mit.edu from my web browser, but no luck yet. It's a java-type (?) program, but even with IBM's J9 and/or Esmertec's JBED, I can't do it... yet.

I've been looking at the latest Droid phones, and again, I know phones are not ideal for this, but I'm hoping someone will know of an app that either lets you compile games ON the phone, or even just something to MOD an existing game.

anything?

I'm desperately bored (LOL)

Thanks!

ps. thanks Animal for the edit. My bad! If the above link is a violation of some kind, please edit it also. Thanks again!

Bump again... Sorry, just checking in again, and I figured that after 4 months of no reply a bump would be OK.

Thanks!

Mod EDIT: I merged all 3 post into one. Having 0 replies will appear as if noone has answered,rather than 2 replies.~~boopme

Edited by boopme, 20 December 2010 - 09:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users