Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Favorites Sliding Bar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hi Fellows, I know this might be a little mundane for some of you advanced users with a lot of Computer knowledge.First I have a general question about my Logitech Media Cordless Mouse.I put braand new batteries in it today.2 AA Duracell.I am almost certain that the red laser light ould light up even wheen just moving the Mouse around .It is real dim now.It is one of those Logitech discontinued about 2 years back that's Black and Red.Shouldn't that laser light be showing red ? Number two why is when let's say for example you have your favorites open in the Sidebar on Firefox.I am having trouble moving the sliding bar p and down scrolling .It wants to hang.What can I do about this ? My last small problem is why when I am typing an e-mail and want to get rid of a letter for example where I have typed AA for example it wants to light up like it does when you select select all to copy and paste.Is a setting in the Mouse wrong.I am going to try to get another mouse to try.This one has been dropped about 3 times latelt.Onto carpet but still dropped.If I decide to buy a new cordless does anybody have any recommendations ? The reason I ask is that I have Carpel Tunnel in my right hand.Any help,guidanance,assistantance would be most greatfully appreciated.Heartbeat 85

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:35 PM

Hi Heartbeat85 -
Apart from the fact that personally I do not like this type of mouse (for the reasons you have listed) -
Can you go to Control Panel and click on the Mouse item - Test the reaction and performance from the items listed in there -
If all else fails borrow (or buy) a corded mouse $20 and check if it works 100% compared to your current one -
The recieve/send function may also be faulty - Item 2 also relates to the first question -
Any mouse with a "divided/raised" central area should suit your needs, as this stops your fingers from crossing over and aids grip - (If I read right) -
I know it is a day or 2 since you asked this first - Has there been any change -
The Email item may just be related to an overactive Spell Check ???

Thank You -
P.S. - At least I brought this back to the top so others may look a bit more -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:37 AM

What you've stated, IMO, seems to point to trying a different mouse to try to clarify issues.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users