Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question, please advise me on Photo editing/printing software

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Ortiz

Mike Ortiz

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

I'm looking for software that will allow me to easily place photos around a sheet and print them so they stay in exactly the place I want them to on a standard 8x11 sheet of paper. It would be also be helpful if the software did auto sizing to make this process more simple. It would also be sweet if I could add text boxes to blank areas around where I place the photos, kinda like Publisher but more simple and without needing to have Office suite. I think I could also do this kind of thing with Adobe Acrobat, but again trying to avoid $500 purchase and have no need for the rest of what acrobat offers. I just need to be able to place a photo on a sheet exactly where I want it and have it stay there for printing, being able to create a template would be also be great but is not required.

Thanks,

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Personally, I think you can do most of that with a lot of the programs out there.

You must realize that it will depend on your printer a lot of the time too. Most printers out there can't print a certain distance from the edge of the page.

I know the GIMP ( http://www.gimp.org is free and powerful, but I don't know if it'll do exactly what you want. If nothing else, it can resize and arrange things for the most part, you might just have a bit of a hard time figuring out how to do it.)

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

Sounds like something for a scanner, IMO.

Printing from the scans is routine.

I don't have a clear idea of what you are trying to do...but a scanned image provides the flexibility while any decent graphics editor would provide the manipulative aspect for any image.

Louis

#4 Mike Ortiz

Mike Ortiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

Gimp is powerful but a little much for the client i have in mind. I found ACDsee Foto Slate 4 seems to give me what I need. Thanks for the input.

#5 S_Streeter

S_Streeter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

Hi Mike

I still regularly use Jasc's Paint Shop Pro 8 for more routine photo/picture editing and that has a "Print Layout" facility which does more or less what you need I think. You can drag images onto the print area, arrange, resize them and then save the layout as a template for future use.

I'm not sure if the newer versions of the program now produced by Corel offer this facility or not but as it's extremely useful I would be very surprised if they had discontinued it.

:thumbsup:

Steve

#6 Mike Ortiz

Mike Ortiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

Hi Mike

I still regularly use Jasc's Paint Shop Pro 8 for more routine photo/picture editing and that has a "Print Layout" facility which does more or less what you need I think. You can drag images onto the print area, arrange, resize them and then save the layout as a template for future use.

I'm not sure if the newer versions of the program now produced by Corel offer this facility or not but as it's extremely useful I would be very surprised if they had discontinued it.

:thumbsup:

Steve

Thanks, I'll check that one out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users