Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Strong

Strong

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

Hello:
I am a retired Telephone guy managing an access database for our members. I currently have two people helping with data input and maintenace by accessing my computer utilizing GoToMyPc. With only two that is no problem. Now we want to add a couple more databases from other groups so now we would need to be able to have more then one access at a time. Is there any relatively inexpensive way of doing that?

Thanks for any input
Bill Alsdorf

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

setup up a vpn server and share your databases out over the lan.
your clients could vpn in and access the shares instead of remoting in to the pc.
it would even increase security between databases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users