Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Engine Redirect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jarm11

jarm11

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

I am currently having issues with my browsers-both IE and then Firefox. When I do a search for some topic in Google or Yahoo the normal list of results comes up. However, when I click on one of those links it redirects the browser to some advertisement. I did a search using CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Trojan Remover but the problem still persists. Trojan Remover said that it found an issue with a file called c:/program files/internet explorer/wmpscfgs.exe but this does not show up in my files even after I have changed the settings to show hidden files on my computer. Can anyone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jarm11

jarm11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

Update:

I ran Spybot and it found 8 items which I deleted and now Firefox is working normally, but Explorer is still messed up.

#3 jarm11

jarm11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

It is now infecting Firefox again. I really have no idea what else I can do. Please help!!!!!

#4 jarm11

jarm11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

After looking at a ton of other sites I found the program that will get rid of it is superantispyware. If you have this problem go and download this and it should take care of it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users