Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does Windows Media Player do this???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chuckaugustus

chuckaugustus

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:49 AM

Whenever I add music to one of the folders that I manually added for WMP to keep monitered, the files are showed as multiple tracks on WMP. I have to guess which of the duplicate tracks are not the real file and if I delete the wrong one, they ALL go to the recycle bin. Here's a screen cap so you can see what I'm talking about. In my screen cap, it shows two, but sometimes it goes up to three or four. Can anyone tell me why WMP is doing this?:

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 666philb

666philb

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

in the options for media player on the 'player' tab, there's an option to 'add music files to library when played', if you uncheck this, that should stop the problem happening. I would then rescan you music library, this should get rid of the duplicates.

hope this solves it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users