Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe - Application error:

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BNDAZ

BNDAZ

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

XP pro machine, was having an issue with itunes not working and when through the uninstall process removing itunes, quicktime itunes application helper bounjour and some others in the order recommended by apple.
When i rebooted i got this:
svchost.exe - Application error:
The instruction at "0x7d4caa9b" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "read."

Ive been through the few solutions ive found though google with no success.
Any ideas what is happening and how to resolve?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BNDAZ

BNDAZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:12 AM

an update:
I ran a system restore back a couple days and everything seemed to be fine, except Firefox wouldn't load, so i re downloaded and installed Firefox with IE now everything seems back to normal.
still curious as to what happened.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

I could guess...when you uninstalled one of the apps you mentioned...the update/phone home mechanism was removed but part of it remained behind.

Somewhat Related Reading Along My Line of Thought

Louis

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

"The memory could not be "read." message is often a sign of some infection.
I suggest, you travel to "Am I Infected?" forum and make sure, your computer is clean.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users