Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comp freezes after removing malware with malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dstahl

dstahl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

Hello all my name is david, after a lengthy day of trying to do some anti-malware removal i've come to a block in the road. I was hoping that someone would have a solution to the problem. This started off with that pesky antimalware doctor rouge. I restarted my comp in safe mode with networking, stopped the processes for antimalware doctor. Then i continued with malwarebytes. It removed and deleted all files and registry entries having to deal with the antimalware. I restarted the comp in normal operating mode, and after a few seconds of loading it was back. I went back and forth between Safe mode doing the removal and normal mode seeing if it was fixed and nothing was working. Finally after the 11th try i booted in normal operating mode and it didn't show up, but after about 3 minutes the computer freezes and won't do nothing. I can't even bring up taskmanager to check the processes. I tried creating a new user account, hoping that it wouldn't bring over the complications, but it did. Now i'm sitting here in Safe mode with networking typing this help. I will post the last eventlog from malwarebytes if anyone has a clue please reply. Thanks Email is xxxxx@yahoo.com

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4066

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

5/4/2010 6:37:56 PM
mbam-log-2010-05-04 (18-37-56).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 254573
Time elapsed: 37 minute(s), 28 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 9

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\davie\Backup\Erica Jones\Desktop\TextTwistSetup-dm.exe (Adware.TryMedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Davie\Local Settings\Temp\Cx0.exe (Trojan.FraudPack.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HelpAssistant\Local Settings\Temp\Cx0.exe (Trojan.FraudPack.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{79DFDE9D-2609-4BDC-B506-27B74BEE3E6D}\RP37\A0007971.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{79DFDE9D-2609-4BDC-B506-27B74BEE3E6D}\RP37\A0007972.dll (Rogue.AntimalwareDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{79DFDE9D-2609-4BDC-B506-27B74BEE3E6D}\RP37\A0007973.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{79DFDE9D-2609-4BDC-B506-27B74BEE3E6D}\RP37\A0007974.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Crygaa.exe (Trojan.FraudPack.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\{8C3FDD81-7AE0-4605-A46A-2488B179F2A3}.job (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Once again thanks for any help.....

Edited by Budapest, 04 May 2010 - 10:04 PM.
Moved from XP and email address removed ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users