Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fast High-End Laptop, Template

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sidorak95

sidorak95

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

I'm buying a laptop sometime soon, and decided to look at my options:

My budget for the new computer is: Around $800-$900

What are the primary uses for this computer: Web, Email, Gaming, Photo Editing

What software do you intend on using on the computer? Photoshop Elements, Office 2007, GIMP, etc..

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? Yeah, games that you download, but connect to the internet to play.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? I have around 3 windows average.

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? Mostly music.

I'm looking at these 2 choices.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=4938
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=4938
Which one is better?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 askpcguy

askpcguy

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

The core i3 is a better processor but the core 2 duo laptop has a larger screen and comes with a smaller hard drive.

I would personally go for the fastest processor and laptop with the largest hard drive because I won't want to upgrade the hard drive soon as I get the laptop.

It also looks like the core i3 laptop has a slightly better video card, so in that respect for gaming it wins.

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

Going by the specs. and your requirements, I would recommend the Sony VAIO VPCEB16FX/B.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 17 May 2010 - 06:11 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users