Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD bad_pool_caller, computer constantly reboots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blubug

blubug

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:09 AM

I was playing one of those 'free for an hour' games and it froze. I was able to close the game and the computer rebooted itself. After the Windows XP loading screen (with the little bar loading) it would restart itself again after a flash from the BSOD. It would repeat this process over and over. I was able to get into Safe mode and did virus/malware check and they all came back negative. I disabled automatic reboot. I tried 'last good configuration' but it didn't change anything. I haven't changed anything or added hardware. The only thing I can think of it I updated a driver, but I can't remember which one. I tried to rollback the video driver but I ended up with graphics that looked like something out of the 80s. I tried system restore but the computer says it is unable to complete it, I have tried from multiple points. So here is what the BSOD says:

BAD_POOL_CALLER
STOP: 0 X 000000c2 (0 x 00000040, 0 x 00000000, 0 x 80000000, 0 x 00000000)

When I look into the Administrative Event Viewer after the BSOD I get these 4 error in Application
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1041
Date: 5/3/2010
Time: 1227 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: TOUCH
Description:
Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Description:
Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Description:
Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Description:

This event viewer continues to fill the longer I leave the computer on.

I inherited this computer so I am unable to reinstall anything. I am suspicious that it has something to do with the driver I updated.

Thanks so much for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:50 AM

Can you post your computer specs, and tell us what game it was you were playing.

Can you boot windows at all?

#3 blubug

blubug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

thank you. when i get home i will post the specs. i was playing one of those big fish games, I can't remember the name. I don't know if it's helpful but the graphics on the computer have been getting worse..sometimes they get all pixelated and the screen would be a complete mess of colours. I would restart the computer and it seemed to reset itself

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

Well the pixelation and problem with the colors is a sure sign of video card failure. Or overheating what i would do is after you post the things cryptodan wants I would open the computer if it is a desktop and blow it out to eliminate the possibility of overheating.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 blubug

blubug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

computer specs..let me know if more is needed

intel®
pentium ® 4 CPU 1400 MHz
1.41 GHz 512 RAM

Windows XP Pro
Version 2002 SP3

please dont laugh at my wimpy computer..it's been doing the job till now :thumbsup:

i can only boot to windows in safe mode..in normal mode it does the reboot circle

Edited by blubug, 04 May 2010 - 07:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users