Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Green Safe app

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hattah

hattah

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hi All,
I have searched here at the forums and found nothing as far as info goes (problematic or otherwise) bout this app that I found through an article here So far it is the only place I can find any info about it other than its page at Facebook.

The question is........
Have any of you heard of it? Used it?
Cause I would give a lot to lock up my info and not have to worry about Facebook handing it out.

If I am in the wrong place I know you'll move me :thumbsup: wasn't really sure where to put this.

Thanks in advance
hattah :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hello hattah,

I don't use Facebook myself, but think the reply below (taken from the comments section of the article you linked to) is certainly food for thought.

Green Safe sounds like no solution at all. All a user would be doing is passing their information from one targeted marketeer to another.

I cannot help but think that anybody who does not want their personal information, shared, leaked, sold or utilised should not put it into the public domain in the first place.

#3 hattah

hattah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hi RedDawn
I tend to agree with that comment. I guess if you want nothing shared the best thing to do is not facebook or anything else for that matter.

Even if they are not sharing your info they are asking you to host their ads. Otherwise the app isn't 'free' or at least will not remain so. Besides they have a facebook page and that in and of itself makes me suspicious. Think I will just keep tinkering with my privacy settings and leave it at that.

Thanks for your interest and the quote.

peace
hattah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users