Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A+ Cert

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jtphenom

jtphenom

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

Hey folks. I couldn't find another forum that seemed to be appropriate for this topic, so I'm posting it here. Let me know if there is a better forum for this.

I'm studying to get A+ certified. I've taken the software and hardware course. But that was several semesters ago (just got an A.A.S. in Information Technology), and I have purchased the latest book from Jean Andrews, "A+ Guide to Managing and Maintaining Your PC, Seventh Edition." So here are my questions:

1. Has anyone here recently been certified with the new (2009) exams?

2. I have a lot of bones to pick with Jean Andrews, mainly about her CD content. I've sent numerous e-mails to the address given on the CD, but I've gotten no responses at all. Does anyone know a good way to get a hold of the support people for this material?

3. For anyone who has used her material AND taken the exams (if anyone here fits that descripton):
a. Does her set of questions do a good job of covering the questions that are on the exams, or no?
b. Do you feel her material in general is good for preparing you for the exams?
c. Is there a book and/or CD that you feel does a better job of preparing you to ace the exams?

That's it for the moment. Thanks for any and all help on this!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users