Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failed to load hawivobi.dll" During Start up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gregg46226

Gregg46226

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

"XP Home edition when the computer boots up there is an error message "Failed to load hawivobi.dll" Will not allow me to remove this from the start up in msconfig. Get an error message that I need to be an administrator to remove from start up even though logged in as an administrator. FYI was previously infected with Trojan:Win32/FakeRean.
I followed the directions and got myself in more trouble can you please help.

I tried the following instructions now is running extremely slow(not useable) and only can access internet explorer in safe mode:

I updated the permissions of the registry subkey:

a. Under Group or user names, click Administrators.
b. Under Permissions for Administrators, make sure that the Allow check box
for the following entries is selected:
Full Control
Read
Then went to msconfig and and checked off of the Rundll on the startup tab where hawivobi.dll was started

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users