Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Protector Infection - Unable to access desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 woodcycl

woodcycl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

My laptop is infected with Virus Protector as many others have been. And, like many others, I have NO access to my desktop in either Normal or Safe Mode. When in either mode, Virus Protector takes over and is in a loop with the false scans and alerts not allowing any access to the desktop, taskbar, Start Menu, explorer, etc. I am able to load into Safe Mode with Command Prompt however. I followed the instructions from MyAntiSpyware in regard to creating the fix.inf file and was able to execute it. However, that is as far as I've been able to get.

I am *UNABLE* to successfully follow the Auto Removal guides located on this site due to my inability to get to the desktop.

What have others done to get around this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 woodcycl

woodcycl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:48 AM

I simply did a system restore from a command prompt in Safe Mode and it appears to be functioning now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users