Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still Infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mitchmate

Mitchmate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:05 AM

Hi there,
About a month ago I somehow got infected with "Antivirus Soft". This was completely out of the blue, and I have no idea what triggered it.. I hadn't been onto any dodgy websites or anything.

I came on here to find removal instructions for "Antivirus Soft" and managed to remove it (I think I did anyway) with Malwarebytes' AntiMalware.

All seemed normal until the other day when my computer's fan started to get louder and speed up. The "Desktop Security 2010" program popped up on my computer. Like my previous issue with "Antivirus Soft" this was completely out of the blue.

"Desktop Security 2010" was a lot more difficult for me to remove. It took quite a few scans with Malwarebytes' AntiMalware to eventually find all of the infections related to this virus.

I thought all was well after that but after turning my computer on today AVG has notified me multiple times of randomly named .exe files that are 'Heuristic Trojans' (or something like that)? The process name of these .exe's are related to any other .exe that loads up for example if I open Spybot Search & Destroy then an "infected file" will pop up according to AVG, with the process name being something related to a Spybot Search & Destroy .exe file.

I've tried moving these .exe's to the Virus Vault of AVG but they keep multiplying. I have no idea where they're coming from. I do have some computer knowledge but not too much so I am somewhat hesitant to mess around with various settings.

I started up my infected computer for the first time in a few days to get on here to post this thread, and using FireFox I was attempted to be redirected to other websites when trying to access this one.

In the 'Preparation guide', I've attempted to use 'DDS' but it constantly closes itself down after the information is shown. Is this normal? I would post up the logs but they don't seem to be appearing.

Please help me out guys, haha. Sorry for the wall of text.
Thanks in advance,
Mitch

PS: I hope this is the right section, sorry if it isn't.

Edited by Budapest, 04 May 2010 - 05:10 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users