Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD-Drive issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nikkisixx13

nikkisixx13

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:27 PM

A good friend of mine just got his mothers old computer.

When he got it home, he attempted to install AOL on it, but when he put the disc in the following error messaged occured

CD not accessible, Drive not active

I had him check his device manager and it said that the drive was working properly.

Is there a fix for this or does he just need to go out and get a new drive?

Oh, and the drive DID work when his mother owned...seems like everytime I move and have to transport my computer something always ends up going wrong, and I'm kindda assuming the same thing happened to him.

Thanks

Edited by nikkisixx13, 27 September 2005 - 09:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 28 September 2005 - 05:22 PM

The first thing to check is if the cables have come loose during transport. Remember to follow careful handling procedures. Wear a grounding wrist strap or at least touch the side of the case before reaching inside. And also unplug the machine first - ATX computers are still "hot" even when turned off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users